31 October 2009
When you need to secure your important data from other users, there are so many choice over there like folder protect,hide folder and much more. But imagine if your data size is more than 100 GB then it is not easy to burn it on CD or protect it. So don't worry friends, I am posting a trick by using this trick you can save your full drive by hiding it from other users. You can hide your drives without any Registry Edit.
1. Log on as Administrator
2. Click on Start button then click on Run > Type CMD
3. Now type diskpart at the command prompt and wait for 5 seconds to appear diskpart> utility.
4. To show the list of volume, type list volume
command after the diskpart> prompt, this command will show you all system drives detail.
5. Now Select the volume that you want to hide for example
If you want to hide F drive then first type select volume 2 (in this case) and hit enter button
6. After selecting volume, type Remove letter F (in this case) to hide F drive.
7. DONE. Now you hide your drive successfully..to verify go to My Computer and check drives
8. But next time, when you want to unhide the F drive, just type assign letter F command after loading volume 2.